If you have utilities under your name and need tenants to pay utility bills to you, you can set up recurring and/or monthly charges on RentRedi to automatically charge tenants for utilities through RentRedi.
1. Enroll in average utility billing (go to your utility provider's website)
Many utility companies allow you to opt into an average utility bill across the year.
• Pacific G&E: Choose the Budget Plan
• Southern California Edison: Choose the Level Pay Plan
• Con Edison: Choose the Level Payment Plan
• National Grid: Choose the National Grid Budget Plan
Once you see what you will be charged per month, you can set up all the charges at once in RentRedi for the year.
2. Set up recurring utility charges in RentRedi
Take the tour, and we'll set up the charges together!
Or, follow the instructions below!
On your RentRedi dashboard, click the "+" next to the "Rent" tab
Click "Other Charges"
Select the property address, unit, BOOK TO, and entire charge description
Connect tenants to their charges (note: Only the tenants listed will be able to view and pay charges)
Enter the amount due & total number of occurrences
(I.e., if it is a monthly charge, there will be 12 occurrences)
If you create a recurring charge, you can select when to charge
(every month, bi-monthly, or custom)
Input the charge due date
Preview charges and edit any due dates, delete or duplicate charges if needed
Then, the tenant can automatically pay through RentRedi each month!